Have you or a loved one been recently diagnosed with cancer?
I know from personal experience as a lung cancer survivor how difficult this can be not only for the patient but for the family. It is a shocker to hear this diagnosis. It can be a very confusing and stressful time.
I never thought in a million years I would hear those words “You have a malignant tumor in the right middle lobe of your lung”. My heart sank. I was completely floored!
I have walked in your shoes
Many patients undergo a variety of treatments such as medication, chemotherapy, radiation, immunotherapy, stem cell transplant, surgery, and various clinical trials. Along with these treatments, the patient may experience a variety of adverse side effects.
I want to share with you 5 powerful benefits of receiving craniosacral therapy. It is my hope to empower you and equip you with important resources to assist you in making a good decision about your health and wellbeing.
What is Craniosacral Therapy(CST)?
A gentle light-touch manual therapy that addresses the central nervous system releasing tensions deep in the body to relieve pain and dysfunction. It is intended to decrease stress, tension, improves whole-body health, and increases the immune system.
How is Craniosacral Therapy performed?
In a quiet relaxing setting, while fully clothed and lying on a comfortable table. Delicate manual techniques are then used to release tissue restrictions that are found throughout your head and body. Sessions may last up to 60 minutes.
5 powerful benefits of receiving craniosacral therapy
- Increases the immune system: Craniosacral therapy helps strengthen the immune system which often is compromised during cancer treatments.
- Helps to decrease emotional and physical stress. Many of my patients report they often feel stressed, overwhelmed, and depleted both emotionally and physically when going through treatments. Craniosacral therapy helps the body to enter into a deep sense of relaxation.
It can be emotionally traumatic going through cancer.
Often times we carry our emotions(such as fear, stress, anxiety, worry) in our cells, muscles, and tissues. CST helps the patient release any “issues in the tissues” allowing for an overall sense of wellbeing and balance. It is important to address the emotional component as well as the physical symptoms for optimal healing to occur.
Decreasing emotional trauma and improving the emotional and mental well-being impacts the whole body physically, mentally, energetically, and spiritually.
“Like many other complementary therapies, it may promote a feeling of relaxation and help relieve the stress associated with cancer…Many cancer patients who’ve tried CranioSacral Therapy have noted a decrease in pain caused by the disease or treatments for the disease. Patients have also seen a reduction in headaches.”
– Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance
3. Decrease the side effects of pain, nausea, headaches, and fatigue: Often times when a patient is going through cancer treatments there are multiple adverse side effects. Craniosacral therapy helps to decrease the effects of such symptoms as nausea, pain, headaches, and fatigue.
4. Improves sleep: Sleeping well is an important component in helping the body heal during cancer. Craniosacral helps to calm the nervous system and eliminate restrictions throughout the body. Sleep is vital for restoration as the body works hard overnight to repair and heal. A well-rested body will have a greater ability to fight cancer and avoid infection.
5. Increases tolerance for physical activity: One of the most important things to do while going through cancer is to keep as active as possible. Daily exercise and movement are key to healing. At the same time, it is important to listen to your body and “not overdo it.” Physical exercise will help you keep mobile and strong during your treatment.
If you are wanting to:
- keep as active as possible during your treatments,
- increase your immune system,
- improve your sleep,
- decrease the side effects of chemo
- experience an overall sense of physical and emotional well being- then click the button below to schedule a consultation to see if Craniosacral therapy is a good fit for you.